Certified Single Subject Teacher specializing in Art.
I am located in Bakersfield, CA. I teach out of my home and I offer private art lessons for all skill levels. I will make house visits for larger groups within Bakersfield for an extra fee.
For age 9 to 18 year old
During this time of Social distancing- Remote lessons are available.
- In person Private Lessons – $20 per hour
- Groups of 2 or more $15 per student per hour
- Remote Art Lessons $15 per hour
- Block lessons of 6 or more weeks a discount of $2 a lesson will be applied.
Drawing – graphite, charcoal and ink
Painting – watercolor, acrylic and tempera.
(oil Painting only for older students).
Lessons can be ongoing or separated into 4-6 week blocks.
Initial Materials needed for all levels – Sketchbook, Graphite pencils, erasers, Ink Pens, markers, Colored Pencils, rulers, pencil sharpener
Beginning Art 1-
——Fundamentals of drawing – Includes Line types, Drawing Shapes, Shape to Form, Shading and Texture, Composition and Drawing Objects
—–Fundamentals of Design – Balance, Pattern, Contrast and Negative Positive Space
Beginning Art 2 – Sketchbook, Cardstock Paper, Pencils and Erasers
——Putting it all together – Still Life Drawing, Beginning Perspective and How to Draw a Face.
——The world Around Us – Drawing a Cityscape, Drawing From a Photograph and Drawing Nature
Beginning Art 3 – Watercolor, paint brush, watercolor paper and Oil pastels
——-Color Theory and mixing, watercolor techniques, and painting a landscape or waterscape
——-Using Oil Pastels, Blending and abstraction
Intermediate Art Lessons
——-Includes Acrylic Painting, printmaking, Collage and Textile Design
Each lesson includes Art History and the language of Art because I believe it is all connected and important to enhancing the art experience.
My passion is to enable a student to create and produce art. I love the look on their face when they produce something that they are proud of. I call it the aha moment.
- Students are responsible for a Sketchbook (30 – 50 pages).
- Each in-person student will create a portfolio. This makes it easier to identify and they will be taking it home to practice techniques.
- Project and Specialized materials will be supplied by me, the teacher.
- For Remote lessons, I will supply a list of materials to be purchased by the student a head of time.
For Home schooled students – printout of grade is available if needed.
* Each student must bring sketchbook to each lesson. Practice drawings and theory will kept for each project.
Please contact me at email@example.com